What is Permaculture?
“Permaculture is a practical design concept applicable from the balcony to the farm, from the city to the wilderness. It enables people to establish productive environments providing for food, energy, shelter, material and non-material needs, as well as the social and economic infrastructure that supports them.”
Permaculture Melbourne exists to:
- promote the application of Permaculture principles in the design of
communities and the landscapes that support them
- support its members in the pursuit of these goals
- network with like-minded organisations.
- care of the earth
- care of people
- sharing of skills, knowledge and surplus production
- reducing consumption
- recognising that there are natural limits to growth, and that our activities must
restore health to the planet.
Permaculture means thinking carefully about our environment, our use of resources and how we supply our needs. It aims to create systems that will sustain not only for the present, but for future generations.