Date(s) - 06/05/2017 - 02/06/2017
CERES Community Environment Park
This unique CERES Global course and trip provides the opportunity to undertake a complete 72 hour Permaculture Design Course (PDC) whilst travelling and learning from the riches and cultural diversity of Timor Leste. This is the first ever CERES PDC with an Austral Asian temperate/tropical and hands on focus.
Broken up into 28 hours in Melbourne and 44 hours in Timor, the course will teach you fundamental life changing skills to consciously listen and learn from the patterns and relationships in nature, grow food and fibre, harness energy and explore new ways of organising yourself and people.
About This Course
- Melbourne Intro to PDC: 6,7,13,14 May
- Timor PDC: 24 May – 2 June
- Timor Qualified permies: 2 – 9 June
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to permaculture principles and design principles
- Reading the landscape, patterns in nature and communities, economic systems & reforms, energy use & flows in design and more
- How to create a permaculture design for an existing site and client in Timor Leste
What You Get
- A selection of expert CERES Trainers providing expert theory and advice on real life applications of permaculture
- Access to an online portal with resources, resource folder and permaculture texts
- Classroom theory, practical examples, site visits around Timor Leste
- Whole design course curriculum including rural and urban systems and how to read the landscapes of cool temperate south-eastern Australia and warm tropical Timor Leste.
- An opportunity to travel with purpose and visit the incredible country of Timor Leste, working alongside our in country partner organisations.
Melbourne or Online – 28 hours Over 2 weekends on the 6,7,13,14 May 2017Cost: $480
This course works as a stand alone introduction as well as being incorporated into our full 72 hour PDC in Timor Leste. The course is run over 2 weekends at CERES or, if you are not a local to Melbourne, online. This will incorporate permaculture theory and a mix of classroom presentations giving you all the foundations you need to develop and explore your interests in Peramaculture.
Permaculture Design – 10 days, 44 hours 24 May – 2 June 2017Cost: $1590 (includes meals and accommodation in Timor)
For the final component we will spend 10 days in Timor undertaking the design aspect of the course. This will include, workshops, design exercises, practical exercises and visits to sites to see Permaculture in action.
Qualified Permies – 7 days (optional extra for course participants or qualified permies)2 – 9 June 2017Cost: $980
Course participants and other holders of a recognised PDC are invited to join us on a hands on permaculture implementation project installing School Gardens in local Timor Villages with with Ego Lemos and Permatil.
For more information visit: http://ceres.org.au/global/international-pdc/